this is my 3rd try to post my questions....sorry....I think something got messed up
Short synopsis....2 weeks ago, laid off....have been working with local college on resume writing, interviews, etc. Last 9 years copy editor/proofreader, before that accounting (specialized in payroll and taxes).
Was told by college and assorted classed to DELETE objective on resume, so I did. However, w/o it, I can't seem to get resume looked at. I'm not sure I want to stay as Copy Editor/Proofreader, may want to return to payroll/accounting, or move on to an analyst role (want a new challenge).
Was told that because my accouting/payroll experience is over 10 years, I shouldn't use functional...however, I need to include that if I want to show ANY experience in this field.
Here's my attached resume, I'd appreciate any suggestions you can offer (and I hope that the third try is really the charm!!!!)
Leadership Program Development
Business Solutions Consulting ~ Project Management
Accounting & Business Analysis ~ Customer Service
Needs Analysis: Interviewed clients and associates to determine their needs/desires and explore which solutions/products best met their needs.
Project Planning: Led several projects, teams, and major rollouts. Developed timeframes/guidelines and scheduled manpower and duties, ensuring completion of projects in a timely manner.
Accounting: Proficient in payroll, tax preparation, receivables, payables, general ledger, and collections.
Business: Skilled in customer service, problem solving, sales, marketing, telemarketing, purchasing, several software packages, training associates and clients, and devising business plans and methods.
Teamwork: Skilled at keeping team focused on goal while also serving as advocate, and using detail-orientation to probe different sides of potential problems.
THE DAVID GROUP, CLEVELAND, OH 1999-present
• Write, edit and proof copy that is used in clients’ collateral.
• Ensure the marketing/HR collateral maintains clients’ branding image and style, resulting in a 15% increase in customer satisfaction.
• Trained associates, resulting in 22% increase in artwork acceptance.
• Created training/do###entation manual for associates, resulting in increased productivity and shortened training time.
• Recognized for performing work in accounting and production departments, resulting in receipt of multiple corporate recognition awards.
THE PAMPERED CHEF, N. RIDGEVILLE, OH 1996 - 2008
Independent Kitchen Consultant/Director
• Trained team of consultants, resulting in increased productivity, 10% increase in commissions and accelerated advancement.
• Instructed clients on the benefits and features of our entire product line.
• Consistently achieved sales in the top 4% of cluster.
OLSTEN STAFFING SERVICES/CHARTER ONE BANK, CLEVELAND, OH 1999
Interim Payroll Supervisor
• Supervised a department of 5 payroll processors, ensuring that 10,000 employees received accurate and timely paychecks.
• Devised and implemented payroll auditing procedures.
• Trained new manager and new supervisor on Charter One policies and ADP system and payroll processors on basic payroll procedures.
• Created training/do###entation manual.
AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING, INDEPENDENCE, OH 1987- 1999
Promoted to successively more responsible positions at this company.
Client Account Manager 1997-1999
• Managed Payroll/Tax/Human Resource clients, paying 32,000 employees while generating revenues over $1.5 million, 1-1/2 times the goal amount.
• Analyzed clients’ needs and developed solutions for payroll and reporting.
Client Service Representative 1993-1997
• Tested/implemented multi-jurisdiction tax processing and Section 125 cafeteria plans, among other software products. Received award from corporate for my efforts.
• Coached and mentored associates.
Tax Service Coordinator 1988-1993
• Received fast-track promotion due to strong dedication in reducing/preventing errors.
• Devised/implemented procedures to identify “at risk” clients and rectify tax deposits and returns.
• Conducted training that resulted in decreased risk for penalty and interest for ADP and clients.
• Acted as liaison between tax center and clients.
Accounting Service Representative 1987-1988
• Instructed clients and associates on accounting packages.
Baldwin Wallace College, Berea, Ohio
Graduated summa #### laude with a BA in Business Administration
Lorain County Community College, Elyria, Ohio
Associate’s degrees in both Business Management and Accounting
Ohio State University Extension, Elyria, Ohio
Certified Master Gardener