Make sure you visit your career services office to get them to help with the formatting and content. College information can be placed at the top until you get your first position. Good luck!
I sent my resume earlier.
A highly motivated professional with a verifiable record of accomplishment. Highly creative, recognized as a results-oriented and solution-focused individual. Areas of strength include:
· Accounts Payable
· Organizational Aptitude
· Microsoft Word Knowledge
· Microsoft Excel Experience
· Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
· Communication Skills
· Time Management Proficiency
· Research Abilities
· Multi-Tasking Abilities
· SAP & Oracle Trained
St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
· Minor: Marketing
World Wide Technology/Monsanto, St. Louis, MO
· Collect and organize data used to identify reconciling differences
· Execute clearing actions to comply with company requirements with analysts, instructing them in the appropriate actions to be taken to clear items.
· Verified, matched and posted all account receivables of company clients.
· Maintained accurate customer information and sustained the customer pipeline for my specific territory.
· Investigated and corrected concerns and needs associated with customer account inquiries and orders.
· Provided exceptional service to Chemical and Seed customers and Chemical and Seed sales force.
Sprint/Nextel, St. Peters, MO
· Made management decisions consistent with company policy.
· Supervised twelve employees as well as trained new outstanding employees.
· Performed customer credit reviews and built customer accounts in the billing system.
· Performed inside/outside sales, and outbound marketing to attain sales goals.
· Educated Customer about equipment technology and account options.
Knight’s Limited, St. Louis, MO
· Managed client objections and concerns properly, while reducing the rate of returned merchandise.
· Organized and conceptualized new procedures for dress in company office, raising the level from casual to business-casual.
For career fairs -- have a couple versions for the categories of positions...ie a sales resume, a marketing resume, etc. Use what's appropriate for each employer. Also use fairs as a chance to meet employers and to get answers about the hiring process.
There are many paid resume services. Pongo is one of them. You can also ask the school if they'll refer you to someone locally. At my Women For Hire career expos -- one in Philly on 9/25 -- we offer FREE resume critiquing, which is very popular.
i meant looking for free resume review - i hardly have enough money for gas! the county college workshop isn't until 9/24 - while there's a career fair in philly on 9/17. i can bounce ideas off my friends till the cows come home, but i guess my best bet right now is to just try and apply to a few places and ask what might be wrong with the resume if they don't like me. ;P
this is my 3rd try to post my questions....sorry....I think something got messed up
Short synopsis....2 weeks ago, laid off....have been working with local college on resume writing, interviews, etc. Last 9 years copy editor/proofreader, before that accounting (specialized in payroll and taxes).
Was told by college and assorted classed to DELETE objective on resume, so I did. However, w/o it, I can't seem to get resume looked at. I'm not sure I want to stay as Copy Editor/Proofreader, may want to return to payroll/accounting, or move on to an analyst role (want a new challenge).
Was told that because my accouting/payroll experience is over 10 years, I shouldn't use functional...however, I need to include that if I want to show ANY experience in this field.
Here's my attached resume, I'd appreciate any suggestions you can offer (and I hope that the third try is really the charm!!!!)
Leadership Program Development
Business Solutions Consulting ~ Project Management
Accounting & Business Analysis ~ Customer Service
Needs Analysis: Interviewed clients and associates to determine their needs/desires and explore which solutions/products best met their needs.
Project Planning: Led several projects, teams, and major rollouts. Developed timeframes/guidelines and scheduled manpower and duties, ensuring completion of projects in a timely manner.
Accounting: Proficient in payroll, tax preparation, receivables, payables, general ledger, and collections.
Business: Skilled in customer service, problem solving, sales, marketing, telemarketing, purchasing, several software packages, training associates and clients, and devising business plans and methods.
Teamwork: Skilled at keeping team focused on goal while also serving as advocate, and using detail-orientation to probe different sides of potential problems.
THE DAVID GROUP, CLEVELAND, OH 1999-present
• Write, edit and proof copy that is used in clients’ collateral.
• Ensure the marketing/HR collateral maintains clients’ branding image and style, resulting in a 15% increase in customer satisfaction.
• Trained associates, resulting in 22% increase in artwork acceptance.
• Created training/do###entation manual for associates, resulting in increased productivity and shortened training time.
• Recognized for performing work in accounting and production departments, resulting in receipt of multiple corporate recognition awards.
THE PAMPERED CHEF, N. RIDGEVILLE, OH 1996 - 2008
Independent Kitchen Consultant/Director
• Trained team of consultants, resulting in increased productivity, 10% increase in commissions and accelerated advancement.
• Instructed clients on the benefits and features of our entire product line.
• Consistently achieved sales in the top 4% of cluster.
OLSTEN STAFFING SERVICES/CHARTER ONE BANK, CLEVELAND, OH 1999
Interim Payroll Supervisor
• Supervised a department of 5 payroll processors, ensuring that 10,000 employees received accurate and timely paychecks.
I am an elementary school teacher. I have 12 years of experience and I am National Board Certified. I have just recently relocated from NC to IL. I am having an extremely hard time obtaining a teaching position. I talked with someone in the education field here and they told me it was who you knew not what you knew. If you have a second would you please look over my resume and give me feedback as to how to make it better and offer any other advice that you have. Thank you! Nicole
Objective To obtain a classroom teaching position
Education University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, December 1994
Licensure North Carolina Teaching License K-6, December 1994
National Board Certified, November 2002
Teaching Pitts School Road Elementary School, Concord, NC
Experience Certified Teacher, Grade 2, August 2005-present
· Plan and implement the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
· Assisted in implementing the Response to Intervention program
· Use Differentiated Instruction based upon student needs
· Motivate students using positive reinforcement
· Collaborate effectively with my 2nd grade team
· NCAE Representative, 2005-2006
· Mentor to new teachers to our school
· Provided workshops to beginning teachers in the area of classroom management
Wolf Meadow Elementary School, Concord, NC
Certified Teacher, Grade 2 and Grade 4, 1996-2005
· Differentiate instruction to meet the needs and abilities of students
· Motivate students with positive reinforcement
· Member of Cabarrus County Math Team—rewrote the K-2 Assessments
· Grade Chair for 2nd grade
· Cooperating Teacher to a Student Teacher
· Provided county workshops for our new math curriculum
· Sponsored Student Council For Grades 3-5 (1998-2001)
· School Improvement Team (SIT) Member