I'm so glad this topic is being brought up in a Twittercast. Fear of Muslims in America IS overblown. Everyone is holding judgement against the 2 million Muslims that live peacefull in America when they had nothing to do with 9/11. American Muslim citizens died on 9/11, too. Citizens just like us, citizens who had NOTHING to do with these events. America needs to calm down. Getting all riled up and #### out is just what the Terrorists want.
I think your own statement is a bit skewed and I will tell you why. I used to work in a job that is predominately filled by Muslim people. So out of the total work force of about 400, around 320 were Muslim. When 9/11 happened about 60% of those Muslims said it was a good thing and that I (we) needed to wakeup and realize we should not be running the rest of the world.
After much discussion I was able to get them to realize that they felt this way because THEY wanted to be the ones running the world. After even further discussion I was able to get 20% of them to admit that if their Imam said it's time for Jihad they WOULD kill every American they could.
So I talked to the ones that wouldn't. They told me they are in the same boat as me. If those 20% couldn't get them to convert to their way of thinking they'd kill them too. Some of the remaining 80% said they probably would go ahead and kill me since they really do want to go to heaven. Sorry, that is just the way it is.
Then I noticed that a group of about 50 of the workers paced around the parking lot. I asked the 80% what they were doing. They said they are getting into better physical shape and that they all stopped smoking (if they were) and are preparing just in case.
This is all real stuff people. The problem is that of the 2 million you said where happy go-lucky Muslims, 400,000 of them are not and would kill you without question if they were given the go ahead.