Here are the comparisons between Viet Nam and Iraq (forget the lies of Dubya):
1) Both were fought in an unfamiliar environment for US soldiers.
2) Both were fought using an inappropriate cold war strategy.
3) Both were hampered by infighting between the various branches of the military.
4) Both were proving grounds for new weapons systems.
5) Both had intelligence that was arrogantly ignored by the military brass.
6) Both violated Sun Tzu 12 ways from Sunday.
7) We didn’t know the enemy.
8) Both involved inadequate logistics.
9) Both were civilian directed.
10) Both driven by false reasoning.
11) Both were hyped by mass media marketing.
12) Both were flashed into our family rooms each evening.
13) Both had false body counts.
14) Both were fought against an enemy that blended into the nominal populace.
15) Both hyped the hero image with unearned medals.
16) Both were seen strictly in terms of career advancement for the military officers.
17) Both had a battle raging between the intelligence and the tacticians.
18) Both enemies were funded by external sources.
19) Both had foreign nationals fighting for and against.
20) Both suspended Geneva Conventions.
21) Both had rapidly morphing enemies.
22) In both, we did not shut off the borders.
23) Both had a non-thinking SECDEF.
24) Both wars had rabid hawks who tried to phrase any dissent on the war as an Anti–American attack..
25) Both had an enemy that had all the time in the world.
26) Both had an enemy to whom life itself was less precious than the typical American
27) In both, the enemy was more ideolgically driven than the Americans.
28) During both, we had severely corrupted administrations.
29) Both enemies funded there resistance by drug production sold to Americans.
Canada just had its own Vietnam with Afghanistan . We lost many people , the Hida lost 20 000 men , women and children fighting for the people of south east asia . We didnt send anyone to Afghani or Serbia or the Carribean .
Canadian police cant be sent meanlessly to the Carribeans when Toronto has 5 major gheto's and is now the meanest town in North Amerika . If you had seen clips about hamilton and etibikoe Ontario from the 1950's then you would never have thought of bothering Ontario .
I knew Toronto would easily beat Chicago as the worst city in North Amerika for street violence because I saw the reminants of the old days when I was in foster homes . I moved to Ontario and spent my bennifits from my family beeing killed in the Asian conflict known as Vietnam on my Ontario citizenship and now I cant even live there because Toronto has been spazzed out once two often . It's ok , I can always return to the Ontario people rez , those guys are from down south anyhow we keep tellin you Canada is Micmac and Hida but whadever Natives in canada look like Florida Indians , so you say .
geddy is Mr Nobody