We suffer severe corn allergies. Emergency Medicine and General Practice physicians do not understand what that entails.
Dextrose IV solution is all corn based, many of the corn allergic community have suffered major reactions to having that placed into their veins, Heparin is made from Polydisaccarides (corn) any pill, suspension, or dye is derived from corn, Ringers Lactate (Lactose is made from food grade vegetable starch; when not specified we must assume corn. The list is endless and our knowledge as an allergic community far surpasses the knowledge of the medical community.
We need help with gaining awareness so that when we have to be brought into the ER or our children have to, we can feel comfortable that our bracelet that states CORN ALLERGY can actually save our lives instead of destroy them.
What can we do?