Accomplished entrepreneur and executive leader with a strong portfolio of success in business start up, growth and diverse marketing in management setting. Seeking a position to utilize my experience to create a more profitable environment for business or non-profit organization.
Dutchman’s Café & Catering
1983 - 2008
· Primary leadership in development of new business concept.
· Recruitment of staff and implementation of staff training.
· Drive performance in marketing and finance operations.
· Strong focus on customer service and relationships.
· Business and strategic planning along with problem resolution.
· Coalition building within the community and public affairs.
· Award winning service provider.
· Developing and tracking payroll data.
· Negotiate pricing contracts with national and local vendors.
· Worked with local union for employee participation.
Homes by David DeMarr
2002 - 2005
Builders Sales Agent
· State licensed required position.
· Manager of real estate sales.
· Directed and coordinated personal tours for perspective homebuyers.
· Initiated marketing strategy for new homeowners to refer new sales.
· Created new inspection protocol for sub-contractors.
· Handled change work orders and purchase orders.
1983 - 1986
Owner – Partner
· Cultivated new business through schools, churches and local adult sporting leagues.
· Designed logos and artwork for garments.
· Increased sales to perpetuate company moving to larger facility.
· Worked closely with team members to improve production area.
Davison Community Schools
1982 - 1983
Substitute Teacher and Para-Professional
· On call substitute teacher.
· Para-Professional in the building trades program.
· Demonstrated safeguards with power tools.
· Supervised High School students in the construction of a new home.
· Held spending under budget
· Completed first phase of project under time requirements.
· Hired licensed contractors to do mechanical installation.
Cultivating Our Community Gardening Program, C.S. Mott Estate Applewood Visitor Assistant, Whaley Children’s Center Board of Directors, Flint Visitor and Convention Bureau Board Of Directors, Kearsley Community Schools Soccer Field Lighting and Concession Construction Project Manager, Boys and Girls Club Soccer Coach, Founder of “Cheers for Charity” to benefit a non-profit, Founder of “Wine, Women and Chocolate” to benefit two non-profit organizations. Boys and Girls Club Instructor of the “Healthy Habits” nutritional class.