Tory, Like many of the other people out there I have been searching for a job for over six month, I have just finish getting my BA, and hoped it would help. I am a corporate gypsies wife and because of that my resume reads like swiss cheese. We are now in VA and have the option to live anywhere. Our goal is to leave VA in the next year to, two years once the housing market comes back. I am trying to find a sales job in the beverage or food industry with no success, I hate being stuck in an office and just want to get a job and feel that I am contributing to the marriage again, I knowlonger feel that I am able to take care of myself because of the inability to find a job, and that scares me to death. I was brought up being told "be a woman of independent means" and right now I dont think I know what that mean anymore, having been with out a job so much. Not having that second job we are sinking into debt further. I know from watching you today that my resume needs work, any suggestions would be wonderful.
To obtain a sales position with a progressive company.
Southern Wines and Spirits, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. March 1998 - September 2000
· Responsibilities included selling product on and off premise.
· Closed 90 percent of all programs, as well as increased sales 85-90 percent.
· Maintained current accounts while excelled in acquiring new accounts.
· Handled promotions on premise.
· Inducted into the Canadian Club Society in 1999: one of two people in the State of Pennsylvania.
· Awarded several incentive trips for meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
World Trade Center Atlanta - Ritz Carlton LLC, Atlanta, Georgia. January 2001 – February 2002
Food and Beverage Director
· Responsibilities included booking the World Trade Center facility and surrounding atrium venues.
· Event proposals and function evaluations; day-to-day staff management; financial functions.
· Increased sales 80-90 percent, and World Trade Club revenues 30 percent 1Q 2001 over 1Q 2000.
· Additional responsibilities included insurance benefits, administration recommendation for hiring, and payroll.
Manager, Sales Coordinator
· Responsibilities include buying and selling residential properties.
· Managing contractors to repair homes managing all corporate correspondence and contractual responsibilities.
· Maintaining accounting information, payroll; providing information to potential buyers.
· Responsible for all Quick book en