Email This Message
Separate multiple addresses with commas
Add your own comments (if any)
5 of 8
A no-brainer, because:
1) It is not my decision, since it's his body - if he wants, he can choose. He's now 19 and has let us know repeated how glad he is that we didn't have him circumcised.
2) Don't believe that it doesn't hurt! When visiting a pediatrician friend's office, I waited while he performed a circumcision. He DID NOT wait an hour for any numbing agent, and the child DID scream. As the procedure ended - it was obvious, how his cries changed tone - the screams turned to unconsoleable wailing, as he probably went into near shock.
3) If it's so beneficial, why don't we circumcise our dogs, horses, etc? They have #### too?
4) To mutilate a girl's genitals through circumcision is a crime in this and most other countries - why is it permissible to do this to a boy?
5) Read up and learn about the benefits of the #### - from protective covering to aiding in lubrication during intercourse, to providing much greater sexual pleasure for both the man and his partner. Why should I want to deny this to anyone, particularly my son, whom I love?
If more American doctors were themselves intact, the incidence of circumcision in the US would quickly drop to levels found elsewhere in the developed and developing world. Let's get with it America!