Sorry we can't hear you. But hear is my resume any feedback is welcomed. I am looking for a director level position in IT or a pm positon. I have been out of work for 9 months and need some help. Thanks.
31 Virginia Street
Kendall Park, NJ 08824
732-672-9394 (Mobile) email@example.com
n MANAGEMENT n TECHNICAL ARCHITECTURE n COMMUNICATION
Collaborative manager with 20 years' experience in the development and implementation of distributed and mainframe applications. Recognized for project management, problem solving and team building, while accomplishing numerous complex projects. Proven track record applying technology solutions to business problems. Areas of expertise and accomplishment encompass:
· Project Management
· Database Administration
· Strategic Planning
· Financial Management
· Design Validation
· Systems Development Life Cycle
· Critical Production Support
· Image and Workflow
· Needs Assessment
· Vendor Relations
· Data Warehouse (DB2/Oracle), ETL, Mainframe/CICS, Client Service, Image and Workflow, Web Applications
· Leadership in IT Industry
· Web Application Development
· Oral and Written Communication Skills
Databases: Db2 v8, Oracle 9i/ 10g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, MS Access
Software/Languages: MS Project, MS EXCEL, MS Access, COBOLII, Visual Basic
Operating Systems: IBM AIX 5.3, HP-Unix, Windows 2000/NT, Windows XP
ETL Tool: Informatica
Web Servers: Websphere, Apache
Others: IBM Filenet P8, STAR TEAM version control, Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Test Director, Maestro
MetLife, Iselin / Bridgewater, NJ 1998 - 2008
Director, Data Management and Regulatory Reporting (2005 - 2008)
· Manage a ten-person application team, as well as an offshore team, providing effective leadership in areas of data warehouse and related decision support systems to ensure that systems are designed to desired specifications and business needs. Plans, coordinates and controls the development of new functions to existing systems, and/or new applications. Ensures all development utilizes the SDLC methodology.
· Partner with business clients to establish expectations, target dates, and deliverables.
· Coordinator of development and support of the Data Warehouse (DB2), Data Mart (Oracle 10g), system architecture, personnel, and technology platforms to improve databases' processes in the areas of data sourcing/integration (ETL processing using Informatica), solution evolution, reusability, and access/delivery. Processing over 300 feeds nightly containing Mutual Funds, Equity Pricing, Variable Annuities, Variable Life, Morning Star, and Brokerage (Pershing) data.
· Provide solutions enabling our business to continue growing and supporting all regulatory requests to satisfy compliance requirements from the NSCC and NASD. Provide adhoc reporting capabilities for Compliance and Regulatory groups.
· Perform all budget and financial management functions for projects, including offshore expenditures. Manage $2.5 million budget consisting of several regulatory projects, as well as development and enhancement projects.
· Manage, motivate and developed a results focused, customer oriented staff of IT professionals. Team consisted of developers, business systems analysts, quality assurance specialists, and project managers.
· Developed a Breakpoint Engine that evaluates each trade made into the Broker Dealer accounts to ensure that the customers receive the correct sales charge (commission portion) based on the total assets under management. The Engine sends out alerts to the Operations area for daily certification. This was the first application to perform this type of analysis for brokerage firms.
Project Manager, Broker Dealer Workflow and Status Engine Application (2004 -2005)
· Assumed project manager role for a Filenet based Imaging System and led team to continue development of the application and provide on-going support to business units. Rolled-out application from the original 15 users to approximately 200 users. Completed over 300 enhancements in one year which greatly increased functionality.
· Maintained communication with business managers by attending executive meetings and providing status on all high-priority requests. Application was very high profile as it enabled the Broker Dealer Operations group to open all new accounts without use of paper applications. This was a cost-reducing initiative for the Operations group.
· Partnered with another IT group and worked with subject matter expert to customize a FAX IN application. Led development of an Image-to-Image workflow from MetLife to Pershing for TOA’s.
Special Project, Investment Manager (2003)
· Managed transition of Investment Manager Product data from Advent platform to new Pershing/APL platform and created a new Microsoft Access data warehouse, a source for all SEC requests.
Project Manager, Client Investment Data Warehouse (2002 - 2003)
· After transitioning responsibility from another manager, addressed numerous issues plaguing the application. Added focus and direction to team and resolved the most damaging issues.
· Coordinated and managed changes to batch load processing into data warehouse (DB2), which ran from 15 hours daily to less than 8, meeting SLA for the NEF/CIM (New England Financial) application.
· Partnered with NEF/CIM team to deliver required data and resolve issues with mutual fund companies.
· Participated with team to resolve biggest issue causing application to process extremely slow. Led team to implement key database changes needed to repartition account identifier. This identifier greatly improved the batch process and reduced processing time by 50%.
· Managed development and deployment of QA process, which prevented erroneous data from being added to the DB2 data warehouse.
· Led development, testing, and installation of additional fund families to the mutual fund batch process.
Project Manager, Total Control Account and FUND Applications (1998 - 2002)
PFPC New System Conversion and Y2K Initiative
· Managed all application changes including data mapping and feeds, programs, and welcome kit, to support conversion from Sungard to PFPC.
· Partnered with other IT areas which processed MF data and ensured all test files were delivered on time to those areas for proper testing.
· As Y2K coordinator for the Broker Dealer, participated in all Y2K status meetings with Enterprise Technology and the Y2k PMO, as well as all end-to-end testing of the application, and delivered results to Y2K PMO. Ensured all applications received proper certification.
Merrill Lynch, Somerset NJ 1991 - 1998
Project Manager, Central Asset and Retirement Systems, Dispute and Fraud System (1996 - 1999)
Lead Programmer/Analyst (1991 - 1996)
Smith Barney, New York, NY 1988 - 1991
Project Leader, Tax Reporting - Remic 1099 Systems (1990 - 1991)
Senior Programmer/Analyst, Margin System (ACATS) (1988 - 1990)
Hartz Mountain Corporation, Secaucus, NJ 1987 - 1988
Programmer/Analyst, Sales and Marketing Systems
Paine Webber, New York, NY 1986 - 1987
Programmer, Mutual Funds Systems
EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
B.B.A., Management Information Systems, Pace University, New York, NY
PMP Certification (in progress): Project Management Courses, George Washington University
MetLife Learning and Development